.....for First Information & Pure Entertainment

........Empire State of Mind

>ads 728x90

Monday, November 23, 2015

How I Met And Married My husband-Singer Aramide

Singer Aramide talks about how she became a musician, her parents’ reaction to this and her love life.
Singer Aramide.
In an exclusive interview with Punch, the afro-soul/ jazz artiste said she started singing many years ago. She also credits her father for exposing her to a wide array of genres such as jazz, afrobeats, soul music and more.
I started as a song writer at the age of 12 and as I grew older, I fell in love with music so I decided to develop my talent. I was really exposed to music as a young child because my father was a music lover who really loved listening to jazz, afrobeat, soul music and other good sounds. Along the line, I picked up the guitar. When I started playing the guitar, singing and song writing became easier for me. All this while I was in Jos because that’s where I grew up. My father was the one who made me love music growing up. He would listen to practically anything. He listened to a lot of Fela’s music, Ray Charles and a lot of reggae songs,” she said.
Contrary to popular notions she said her parents were supportive of her music.
She said: “My parents have been supportive. Initially they did not understand why I wanted to do music especially my mother. But as time went on, she saw that it was something I wanted to do in the long run. She saw that it was something I wanted to build my future on so she was very supportive.”
Reacting to the slow tempo of her songs in an age where mainstream music is more about fast-paced songs and club sounds she said she believes in sticking to what she knows.
“I feel it pays me more to stick to what I know. It is not as if I do not like trying new things out but I believe that in sticking to what you know, you can always try new things out. I have always been a soul singer from the outset and I feel I can do a fast song in that same genre. I don’t need to branch out into something I am not comfortable with or something that does not best describe my personality and my music,” she said.
Speaking on love and how she met her husband, she said it was a feeling she couldn’t explain.
“These things just happen and we thank God afterwards. I met my husband during one of my performances in Ikoyi. We started talking and we clicked just like that. He is my biggest fan.”
On the reason she fell in love with and married him she cites his passion for her music as a key factor.
Also, she said his supportive and encouraging nature made all the difference.
“He always tells me that I can do it and that he believes in my talent. He also criticises my music and performances with love. For me, that was the major attraction. There are some other qualities that I cannot say on print because they are too personal,” she said.
Aramide is an afro-soul/ jazz and she is currently signed to Baseline Records.
She is a graduate of the University of Jos. She holds a degree in Political Science. Her style is heavily influenced by artistes as Miriam Makeba, Sade, Erykah Badu and Angelique Kidjo, among others.
Share:
Copyright © Emperor | Powered by Blogger Design by ronangelo | Blogger Theme by NewBloggerThemes.com